In 45 minutes you can have a whole meal diced, sliced, seasoned and served for dinner!
It’s staying light a little later these days which means there is time for outdoor play after daycare =) After playing outside until 5:45 pm, I had to prepare dinner in a hurry to meet my sons 7:30 pm bed time. I had already thawed chicken breasts, so I took a look in the fridge and came up with a quick plan – Brushetta Chicken.
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied (Sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup + of prepared bruschetta mix
- 1 cup cheese, grated, any kind you’d like
- Garlic plus Clubhouse seasoning (optional). You could use salt & pepper, your favorite seasoning, or skip this, ingredient all together
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. While it’s heating up, prep your chicken
- Spread the olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish to prevent sticking
- Butterfly your chicken breast (you could use any boneless cut of chicken) and lay them flat, in a single layer on your oiled baking sheet. note: I like to butterfly chicken breast because it cooks faster and seems to go further.
- Shake seasoning evenly on chicken
- Top with bruschetta mix and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through. note: use this time to prepare your sides.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.
Voila – in 5 minutes or less you prepared a colourful, healthy, tasty main dish. Our whole family thought this was a hit! I served it with baked eggplant rounds and mashed sweet potato. Both sides were prepped and ready by the time the chicken was done.