Banana Flour Pancakes
HELLO BANANA FLOUR!! These pancakes turned out terrific! Although pancakes taste good with a banana flavour, this flour actually doesn’t taste like bananas. It is made from green, unripe bananas so the banana flavor is not there. In fact, many claim it has an earthy flavor. I say it has a perfect all purpose flour flavor – the same I’ve loved for years in many many recipes. Before I get ahead of myself, I should admit that I have only tried it in this one pancake so far, but, I cannot wait to try out my new found banana flour in all sorts of recipes!
- ½ cup banana flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs honey
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbs cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let batter rest for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, heat your skillet and melt a little butter or coconut oil on the pan
- Pour batter into medium-hot pan and turn once the batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook on the other side until golden
- Top with your favorite maple syrup, jam, berries, nut-butter, granola or chocolate