Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES – dairy and grain free
Holiday dinners in our house usually include scalloped potatoes which we all love!! This Easter was a little different since we were testing out dairy free, grain free dishes…..and NO potatoes!! So, of course we used sweet potatoes. It turned out great!
- Oil for greasing the pan
- 4 large sweet potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup butter (could use margarine or coconut oil I think) – see later post of Why Butter is Okay
- 2 tbs banana flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth (plus more liquid if needed)
- Salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
- Grease your casserole dish, then layer potatoes, onion and salt & pepper
- In medium saucepan melt butter then stir in banana flour until well blended. Slowly whisk in chicken stock and stir consistently until it boils and thickens. Add more broth if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole and sprinkle with paprika (or spice of your choice) to taste.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Our family of 6 loved this and we ate the whole pan. I am sure leftovers would be great so next time I will certainly make more.